Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sunny day on the Camas Prairie

A couple of weeks ago I was driving around the prairie on a gorgeous blue-sky day taking photos. Whenever I saw something expecially pretty, I jumped out of the pickup and went into Ansel Adams mode.

Coming back to the pickup from a particularly pleasing photographic excursion I noticed that my lips were actually numb and I couldn't remember my hands ever being so danged COLD. They felt cold to the bone. When I got in the pickup I checked the thermometer my son gave me for Christmas: 19 degrees. That's not horribly cold. Why was I so chilled?

After the next romp out through a pasture in my tennis shoes I jumped into the pickup and turned up the heater. How could I be so cold? It had warmed up to 29. Practically shorts weather.

Then I looked more carefully. (fat AND blind) Oh. It was 2 POINT 9 degrees. Before, it had been 1 POINT 9. OK, now, that IS cold. I'd better put on my gloves and button my coat.

Should I be let out alone???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes no, and other times you should definately be accompanied

Krista said...

And you'll come with??