Monday, June 8, 2009

The date bra

Yes, ANOTHER post about bras and breasts. What's up with that?

Just FYI, but if your new bra feels like you’re not wearing anything at all, it probably looks like it, too.

I have a new bra that is sinfully comfortable. For once, I don’t walk into the house at the end of the day with one thing on my mind: Let the girls out!!

I was e-mailing a friend about said new foundation undergarment, gushing in my bliss, when I happened to look down. What the heck? Through my lightweight knit top, I could see bumps and bulges that don’t fit my good girl/grandma panties public image.

A lot of men enjoy the idea that a woman is seconds from coming out of her bra, and that was exactly what was happening. I was spilling out. Depending on what you hope to accomplish, I guess you might say it is the perfect date bra.

The bra was clearly under-equipped for corralling the girls, keeping them lifted and separated and minding their own business. They’d found a gap in the fence and they were tumbling all over themselves on their way to freedom.

After a quick look around the office, I shifted things back where they were supposed to be.
For the rest of the day I was very self-conscious about the date bra. Walking down the hall, I felt like a floozy with my boobs jiggling around like a molded Jell-O salad. I carried papers in front of me and avoided unnecessary trips away from my desk.

Will I return it? No. Will I avoid wearing it to work? No. I’ll be careful about sashaying around the office, but I’ll wear it as a reminder that I need to cut loose and relax more. I may be the good girl/grandma panty type on the outside, but there’s a lot more going on on the inside. I’m way more interesting than I look. For one thing, my grandma panties are leopard print, so there!

My date bra will help me remember that.

1 comment:

kel said...

Kris you crack me up!