Sunday, March 15, 2009

Emily's junior high Mardi Gras dance

My niece is a sweet peach -- although you probably can't tell it from this photo!
She and her friends got together to get ready for their Mardi Gras dance and this is the result.
I remember junior high very well. I felt brave as long as my friends were doing the same thing. Is junior high the beginning of that feeling of "safety in the pack?"
I have to admit that Emily has never been afraid to be her own person.
Watching her grow up is a delight.





4 comments:

Sue T said...

LOVE the outfits! Especially the ginormous mardi gras beads.

Anonymous said...

YEA! she's gonna squeal when she sees this! Her "15 minutes of fame!" Honestly too fun watching them all get ready!

Anonymous said...

Krista -- I haven't been on for a while but this is fun! Thanks for the pics. I love them all. Hope you are well. love Lorie :)

Diana said...

Emily's your niece?! I am always being surprised by the connections between people in a small town.

Great picture! My son went to the dance but, in true junior-high-boy form, did not play along with the theme at all. Too cool, you know...