Thursday, September 29, 2011

Don't talk to strangers

I met a man on my walk this morning who greeted me with, “Well, hello there, old lady!” Because (A) I am a good sport, and (B) I know most people are stupid, I responded with a hearty, “Good morning! Isn't it a gorgeous day?”

I walked on past and mulled over his bizarre salutation. Seriously? Do I look that old? He was older than I am, for Pete’s sake. I might be fat, but I'm not old. Why in the world would someone say that?? Maybe he has some mental problems. I do look old, don't I?

Grousing over the greeting fueled my power walk up the last incline to my house, then it hit me. “Old Navy,” not “old lady.” I was wearing an Old Navy shirt. Oh.

Good thing I hadn’t followed my inclination to administer an atomic wedgie. I’d be feeling really bad right now.

And that power walk probably did me a lot of good. I should have someone insult me every morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got it straightenedout. With my poor hearing, I would still be madder than a wet hen, of course, I AM old.