Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I love my bags, baby



I can't explain why, but my new grocery bags are exceedingly pleasing to me. Maybe I'm just appreciating the simple things in life. Maybe I've become embarrassingly easy to please.

I like leaving the store with one or two attractive bags instead of 10 flimsy, throwaway ones that sometimes don't make it to the car without bursting a seam. I like setting these bags on the car seat and knowing that's where they'll be when I get home. No more apples rolling around on the floor and jumping out when I open the door.(One summer day I found a 3-day old package of chicken breasts under the seat. Yummy.)

With these cute, sturdy bags, the process of unloading groceries at home is a breeze. No more schlepping bags of groceries into the house, trying to carry as many as possible. These reusable bags hold a lot of groceries and the handles make them easy to carry. Once inside, instead of a heap of bulging plastic bags, these well-mannered marvels stand politely on the counter while you retrieve your purchases.

Finally, the tantalizing design has inspired me to put more fresh fruits and vegetables into my cart at the store. Thank heavens I didn't buy the M&Ms design!

AND, they were only $4 each!

1 comment:

Sue T said...

They are so pretty, I would look forward to using them; thus, they would make it to the car for the trip to the store. My other re-usable bags never leave the security of the bottom kitchen drawer.